Creation of Boardwalk, Canoe Launch, Walking Paths and Plantings
The Ohio Valley Group designed and installed various elements for the enhancement of a local park as well as protection of existing wetlands. The five elements of this project were:
- Installation of a water control structure to regulate the flow of water to and from the river and wetland area;
- Construction of a boardwalk and observation platform over the existing wetland area;
- Design and installation of a canoe launch to the river;
- Extensive planting of trees and shrubs throughout the wetland area as well as containment of the invasive Canary Reed Grass;
- Design and upgrade a parking lot to the park area.