New year… new yard! Why not make this the year you finally commit to giving your outdoor space the attention it deserves?
We’re not just talking about a few flowers and bushes and trees, mind you. We’re talking about transforming your space to create the kind of outdoor living you’ve been longing for.
Not sure where to start? We’re here to help with all the guidance and resources you’ll ever need to turn 2020 into the “year of the yard!”
A little research, then an overall new yard strategy…
You’ll need to do a little research in the beginning, looking for inspiration, getting ideas. Online sources like Houzz and Pinterest are invaluable when it comes to helping you hone in on the kind of look and feel that appeals to you. Don’t forget to check out lifestyle magazines, or, even better, just get in the car and drive around the neighborhood to see what kind of features make your heart go pitter-patter.
With so many ways to wander, it’s smart to have a strategy. Once you decide the look, the tone and the purpose of what you’re hoping to achieve, then you can set an overall strategy, or roadmap, of how you will achieve it.
Our online Vision Planner can help you start thinking strategically. When answering the questions, you should be as detailed as you can. As your partner in the process, we’ll be able to see exactly what your goals, ideas and inspirations are so we can begin to help you design a plan for your new yard in the new year.
Sounds like a plan!
You know what they say… the only difference between a dream and a plan is a timetable. Whether your project is big or small, putting a schedule to things makes it all more ‘real’ and helps you plan and budget accordingly.
Will your project be big in size and scope? That’s where planning can help break things down into manageable pieces, so as weather allows, we can move forward one piece of the project at a time.
And it’s also the beauty of working with a landscape architect who can do it all from start to finish. Our design team works in sync with our construction team to provide a seamless execution of even the most complex projects. Plus, you can count on us to build and maintain things too!
Dream big, have fun, stay focused on your new yard
Ok. It’s finally time to think about what kind of changes will make your life easier and more enjoyable. Do you love to entertain friends while dining al fresco? Want a family space dedicated to cozy fires and cookouts? Is your heart set on an English garden at the end of a winding stone pathway? Need privacy-friendly plantings around the pool that are both functional and fabulous?
It’s time to think about all the niceties and necessities that will get your creative juices flowing. Together, we’ll come up with a customized plan that is a unique reflection of your style and vision… a well-planned blend of function and fantasy that speaks to your heart and nourishes your soul.
Luxury outdoor living:
- An outdoor kitchen with built-in grill, smoker and professional appliances
- An outdoor living room with cozy fireplace and wireless sound
- A swimming pool and spa area with lush privacy plantings
- A charming pergola or gazebo with colorful flowers and vines
- An ecoscape or golfscape designed to your specifications
Landscape updates and upgrades:
- A beautiful winding stone walkway
- A stamped concrete patio, walk, or driveway
- New trees and shrubs – this year plant the ones you’ve always wanted
- A terraced landscape of drought-resistant plants and shrubs
- Bed preparation and planting – your favorite flowers handled with loving care
- New lawn installation or renovation – we’ll handle all the upkeep
- Seasonal color – we coordinate flowers and shrubs for a seasonal show
Irrigation and lighting:
- Spotlight fixtures and/or low-voltage lighting plus new LED options
- Security lighting – safety for family, guests and property
- Complete irrigation design and installation (service and repair)
- Re-grading for improvement of surface drainage
Your list of must-haves can be as short or long as you like…that’s the beauty of working with a landscape architect who can help you achieve your project from start to finish.
The new year is fast approaching, so why not get started right now. Begin with our Vision Planner, then give us a call at (440) 543-0500 and we’ll set up an appointment to start planning your ‘new yard for the new year’ before the ball drops at midnight New Year’s Eve in Times Square.